Author Question: How is it that crime may be a form of adapting to one?s environment? (Read 826 times)

curlz

What kinds of circumstances would likely promote a person choosing crime over other behaviors? Are these the same circumstances that you think would need to change in order to reverse adaptive criminal behavior, or is it not that simple? Give examples to support your opinion.

( This not homework just a discussion)

Garrulous

I think about this all the time...The vast majority of my clients aren't bad people.  Most are just in bad situations.  Many are mentally ill or addicted to some substance...

I often wonder what it would take to put me on that side of the law....I wonder what paths taken in my past would have led that way if I hadn't veered off...It seems to me that most people don't just choose crime...most finally give into the need...eventually, after you cross the line enough times, you forget it's there...

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library