Author Question: Is taking 17 hours in college too much? (Read 1106 times)

TI

This is for second semester. Currently, I'm taking 12 hours.

This is what my schedule would look like.
English at 11 am (MWF)
Film at 12 pm (MWF)
History at 1 pm (MWF)
Precalculus from 2:00 to 3:45 (MW)
Chemistry from 5-6:15 pm (M) and 6pm - 9pm (W)

I think Precalc and Chemistry are worth 4 credit hours and the rest are worth 3.

I'm happy with all my classes. I decided to take film because it sounds interesting and
a Fine Arts is required at my school. But does it seem like too much? Should I drop Film and just take it later?
Oh and the Chemistry I'm taking is a more advanced Chemistry, since I'm a Biochem major.

ricki

Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2013
You are the only person who knows yourself the best. On my own experience, I was taking 18 units for one semester and all the classes were within 15 minutes of each other so I was in class all day long. It resulted in lots of frustration and caused my GPA to lower because my grades suffered and caused a lot of stress with all the homework. I was taking
Psychology
Criminology
Biological anthropology
Spanish
Biology
And another criminology class
I did it to get ahead but it just put me behind :( so in my opinion DON'T exhaust your schedule just because you have the time, energy and willpower. You could always take the "fun and interesting" classes during the summer :) GOOD LUCK!