Author Question: Whats the difference between a chapter outline and a chapter summary? (Read 1012 times)

TI

My history homework is having me do to chapter summaries and two chapter outlines. But whats the difference between the two besides the format?
Im not sure how exactly to write my summaries.

j_sun

A chapter summary is what the chapter was about in your own words, like how you perceived it. A chapter outline is what information was in the chapter.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

hummingbird

An outline is a list of points in the chapter.  They are listed in a a structure order with main and subordinate points.  

A summary is a re-telling of the content of the chapter in a shorter form.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library