Author Question: How did the start of Islam affect arab merchants? (Read 889 times)

federox

I'm doing my history homework, and I would like to know how the Beginning of Islam/Muslim religion affected merchants in the Middle East at the time?

Millan

Well, many merchants also converted to Islam and so they started practicing more Islamic ways of business and trade.  Whether or not they turned Muslim though, they were able to spread Islam over very long distances and that's how it initially reached places outside of Arabia, even places where Muslims didn't conquer like South East Asia.

I hope that answered your question.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library