Author Question: What are the 3 most significant accomplishments of Sophocles the dramatist in ancient Greece? (Read 764 times)

coco

It's for my History homework, but I don't know to find them on the Internet. Everything that I've found I can't understand clearly what are his 3 most significant accomplishment. I swear 5 stars for the best answer! thank you!

Jones

I'm not sure if this will answer your question but I will try..Sophocles was the first one to stop trilogies that had one theme and he presented independent tragedys,that way his pieces had more cohesion and coherence and the tragic hero became more distinct and prominent.He also increased the members of the chorus from 12 to 15 and finaly he added a third actor.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library