Author Question: What risk do women take when trying to start a business? (Read 1570 times)

aero

I want to find a new job or start my own business. But I don't know the risk involved with this. I am not sure even where to start or how to go about it. I also have children and I don't know if being a single mother and starting a grass roots business is going to be good or bad for my children.

formula1

its actually much easier for women to get business loans for a start up

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Yolanda

You do need to be aware that you will need to sacrifice time with your children in order to get your business off the ground but if everyone works out your children will benefit greatly from the support of a family business.

geoffrey

You have a pretty high risk of failure because you are a woman, and women are bad at everything they do.

j_sun

If you are a single mother it will be much harder for you to succeed in this than most. I don't want to discourage you but this is the truth. That does not make it impossible though. Do you have family members that you can rely on to watch over your children when you are working and when you are researching your business? Also do you have enough money saved up to support you and your children and keep the bills paid for your business? It will take you at least three years to see a good profit from the business, no matter what kind of business it is. Have you researched the market? What kind of other companies are already doing what you plan to start? How successful are they? Will you need employees? If so how much can you afford to pay them? You have a lot of homework to do before you can even lay out a business plan. Good luck to you.

Melanie

I started and ran a business for 25 years.

It was hard as HELL to get it going, but ridiculously easy once it was up. I hired some good people.

But it depends on what you're planning on. This is one case where the devil really is in the details.

I'll take all the time you want to tell you what I know if you want to email me. Just not typing too fast. Only have one hand.

geoffrey

No risk at all. They can always blame a Man afterwards for their own failures, although whether or not people take you for that is another thing.

Hawke

I guess you will never find out if you don't take that risk.  Just saying.  Either you are going to do it or you're not going to.  Good luck!

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library