Author Question: What are the appropriation committees and why are they important...? (Read 1019 times)

formula1

And this isn't my homework. I am actually finished with this class and am curious to know about the general public?s knowledge of its own government. I do plan to show my teacher the answers you've all given after the questions have been resolved.

Millan

"love"
one word
its feat at appropriation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

penguins

The appropriation committees, or more correctly misappropriation commie-ties, are a means of convincing rather stupid people that there are well meaning and insightful personages working at some level in US Government @ some level.

What Propagandists will say is that when funds are misappropriated for a stupid project such as Ron Reagan's collapsible highway ~ the one that squished so very many people ~ there are "intelligences beyond the scope of children with tinker toys" at work and that these people diligently look for the best ways to build and fund projects needed for the prosperous survival of our nation.

In reality, they stuff wads of cash into business suits.

And pretend to be up to working sloshed... then they go "neo-party" ~ all night long, again.

hummingbird

Article 1, Section 9, Clause 7 U.S. Constitution"No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time"

Most bills passed by Congress require funding (appropriations). Also, there are ongoing federal programs already in place that require annual funding. About 40% of new funding, and most ongoing programs go through a process which begins in the House and Senate Appropriations Committee in accordance with the various government budget committees and offices.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library