Author Question: Sociology: What does it mean to possess an institutional or an impulsive self? (Read 1047 times)

curlz

Ok now I'm not asking you to do my homework but i looked in my book and no answer. I also tried to find o definition on the internet but havent gotten anything concrete.  So please, if you can paste a url,that would be fantastical.

Hawke

I think this refers to the Id, Ego, And Superego. The Impulsive self that is a part of all of us would be the Id.
Hope I Helped! :) - Jay-Cub

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

coco

the impulsive self refers to the ego of Freud
and you should easily find this in your books

whilst

the institutional self is the self which is determined a lot by institutions around us mainly education religion family and the state
You should look up in your book where it speaks about functionalism.

largely speaking a person who abides by laws goes to work attends church has a wife and kids is a institutional self

a person who on the other hand does not have a fixed job does odd jobs whenever he feels like, drinks whenever he feels like and had brushes in the law is more dominated by the impulsive self

another4r way to go about it is this

an institutional self serves society whilst an impulsive self is selfish

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library