Author Question: What can i expect in sociology class? (Read 774 times)

geoffrey

Im15 and in 10th grade in high school. I recently got my scheduale and found out im in sociology. So i was wondering what can i expect?
Can i expect a lot of reading?
A lot of writing?
A lot of tests?
Can i expect a lot of group work or is most of it going to be individual?

ricki

Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2013
My sociology class was very little homework and very little writing and very few tests. What we did do however was look at articles about health care, politics, abortion, etc. typical controversial issues and discussed our opinions on it as well as how these issues can be addressed on a larger national or worldwide scale.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library