Author Question: what does color-blindness not see when viewing race relations in America? (Read 978 times)

j_sun

this is for my sociology homework, i need help! thanks(:

coco

How terrible our president has been treated for no good reason. The so-called 'opposition' have no agenda other than to undermine the presidency by negating any positive attempts with stone-walling, confusing the point, or diverting it all-together with meaningless drivel...EVEN as far as to go against their own ideas and support in order to 'compete' in any way possible. And they certainly don't speak for our interests...just their own childish, selfish, greedy reasons. That's not the kind of employee I want working for me. And because there isn't any sense in their actions save to make things more difficult an disgraceful, I can only surmise it's simple prejudice. That's not easy to say...and they probably can't see it themselves...but their actions(or more appropriately, inactions) speak loud and clear as to their purpose; conscious or otherwise.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

geoffrey

You don't see the fact that they are either black or white or whatever. You see their character.  The fact that they are another race "color" than you never even crosses your mind maybe even to the point that if you were to describe the person, you would go by what he/she likes, wears, does for a living, race would not come up at all.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library