Author Question: I need to find an angle, x, but the formula has sin x times cos x, what do I do? (Read 1593 times)

formula1

I have the formula Q = pgH cos x sin x
and I need to find the angle x. How do I rearrange the formula and how do I put it into my calculator??

clippers!

Q/(pgH) = cosxsinx
2Q/(pgH) = 2cosxsinx
2Q/(pgH) = sin(2x)
2x = arcsin[2Q/(pgH)]
x = .5arcsin[2Q/(pgH)]

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

geoffrey

Q = pgH * cos(x) * sin(x)
Q / pgH = cos(x) * sin(x)
cos(x) * sin(x) = Q / pgH

sin(2x) = 2sin(x)cos(x)
sin(2x) / 2 = 2sin(x)cos(x) / 2
sin(2x) / 2 = sin(x)cos(x)

cos(x) * sin(x) = Q / pgH
sin(2x) / 2 = Q / pgH
sin(2x) = 2Q / pgH

2x = sin^-1(2Q / pgH)
x = sin^-1(2Q / pgH) / 2

sin^-1(2Q / pgH) means sin inverse of 2Q / pgH

aero

Write Q = pgH cos x sin x,  as  2Q/pgH  = 2cos x sin x

=> 2Q/pgH  = sin 2x

=> 2x = sin^-1 (2Q/pgH)

=> x = (1/2) sin^-1 (2Q/pgH)

Now you can find x by putting it in your calculator.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library