This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse manager praises a staff nurse by saying, You are such a perfectionist and it clearly shows ... (Read 30 times)

Caiter2013

A nurse manager praises a staff nurse by saying, You are such a perfectionist and it clearly shows in your work. The supervisor who hears this praise is concerned for which reason?

1. Giving such high praise to a staff nurse may result in the nurse asking for a raise.
  2. The manager should not praise a staff nurse so highly in front of other nurses.
  3. The manager may be promoting a trait that often leads to constant stress.
  4. This type of praise often leads to the nurse behaving in a superior manner when around the other nurses.

Question 2

The unit nurses take turns filling the charge nurse role. Which statement reveals risk for development of role conflict in these nurses?

1. I think I do a better job as charge nurse than the other nurses.
  2. I like being charge nurse better than being a staff nurse.
  3. Sometimes it is just faster to do things myself.
  4. I have difficulty with understanding report from the previous shift.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bigsis44

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: There is no indication that this staff nurse will ask for a higher salary.
Rationale 2: It is fine to praise a nurse highly in front of other nurses.
Rationale 3: Perfectionism is setting unreasonably high standards for oneself, which can result in a state of constant stress.
Rationale 4: There is nothing to indicate that this is the case with this nurse.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Thinking that one does a good job in a role is not an example of role conflict.
Rationale 2: Liking one role better than the other is not a symptom of role conflict.
Rationale 3: Interrole conflict occurs when the differences between being a staff nurse (doing it myself) and a charge nurse (direct someone else to do the task) become stressful. The nurse suffering from this conflict may well switch over to the other role in the interest of getting a task done quickly or well.
Rationale 4: Having difficulty understanding report is not a symptom of role conflict.
Global Rationale:

Caiter2013

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

xiaomengxian

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library