Author Question: How do I enjoy studying for college? (Read 925 times)

torybrooks

It feels like I often set goals for myself that I never complete. For example today I am supposed to be at my desk reading chapter 1 and taking notes in Computer Science, then look up and attempt some Calculus 1 problems. It feels like my mind keeps pushing it off by trying to find other way's to keep busy until I end up doing it. Usually it takes until the day of to read the chapters and I do it sloppy because I am rushed.

notis

Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2013
make a deal with yourself that you will just START it.  Read the calculus problems before you go do whatever you are doing the rest of the day, then when it's time to DO the calculus homework, it wont be so imposing.

Same with the CS reading: just skim the chapter and or read the into/outline.  then you'll see it aint so bad.

Also, it doesn't all have to be fun.  sometimes homework sux, deal with it.  keep your eye on your long-term goals, such as the degree