This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: I work really hard on my math, Mike, a middle school student, comments. I know that math courses in ... (Read 200 times)

Kikoku

I work really hard on my math, Mike, a middle school student, comments. I know that math courses in high school are tough, so the better I understand it now, the better I'll understand it when I get to the tough classes. Using learners' beliefs as a basis, which of the following best explains why Mike is motivated to study math?

a. Doing well in math will be reinforcing for him, since reinforcers increase behavior.
  b. Doing well in math will help him develop his sense of self-worth need, since it will suggest he has high ability in math.
  c. Doing well in math has high utility value for him, since he sees it as useful for meeting future goals.
  d. Doing well in math will help him meet his need for self-determination, because it will give him a feeling of autonomy.

Question 2

The concept of utility value is most closely related to which of the following theories?

a. Expectancy x value theory
  b. Goal theory
  c. Attribution theory
  d. Self-determination theory

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mirabriestensky

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

a

Kikoku

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

JCABRERA33

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

Did you know?

Asthma attacks and symptoms usually get started by specific triggers (such as viruses, allergies, gases, and air particles). You should talk to your doctor about these triggers and find ways to avoid or get rid of them.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library