Author Question: Quadratics stretching and vertex form help? (Read 1557 times)

federox

Hi, so the questions tells me to...
Evaluate the following function at 3,-3,0, and z
D(r)= -(r-2)^2+8
I got the correct answers for the first three numbers but got "z" incorrect. Can someone please show me how to get the correct answer?

This is what I did...
D(z)= -(z-2)^2+8
= -z^2+4+8
= -z^2+12

curlz

-(r-2)^2+8=
-[r^2-4r+4]+8=
-r^2+4r+4

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library