Author Question: Quadratics stretching and vertex form help? (Read 1554 times)

federox

Hi, so the questions tells me to...
Evaluate the following function at 3,-3,0, and z
D(r)= -(r-2)^2+8
I got the correct answers for the first three numbers but got "z" incorrect. Can someone please show me how to get the correct answer?

This is what I did...
D(z)= -(z-2)^2+8
= -z^2+4+8
= -z^2+12

curlz

-(r-2)^2+8=
-[r^2-4r+4]+8=
-r^2+4r+4

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library