Author Question: What is the second derivative of a logistic differential equation? (Read 1055 times)

Sandstorm

I can manage integrating it, but how to I take the second derivative?

I have a partial formula written down, but it's incorrect.

Thanks!

coco

This is the original equation below:
X(t) = (1 + ( (1/x) -1)e^(-rt) ) ^-1

Solve the denominator :
X(t) = (1 + ( (1 - x)/x)e^(-rt) ) ^-1

Solve for the lowest denominator and bring to the numerator
X(t) = X(X + e^(-rt) - Xe^(-rt) ) ^-1

Now take the first derivative:
X'(t) = -X(-re^(-rt) + Xre^(-rt) ) ^-2

Then take the second derivative
X''(t) = 2X(r^2e^(-rt) - Xr^2e^(-rt) ) ^-3

Make the equation into a nice form:
X''(t) = 2X/(r^2e^(-rt) - Xr^2e^(-rt) )^3

You may go ahead to seperate common variables but the most important point is about the mastery of the concept.

I hope this helps.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library