This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Suppose that demographic studies show that each year about 6 of a city's population moves to the ... (Read 546 times)

Awilson837

Suppose that demographic studies show that each year about 6 of a city's population moves to the suburbs (and 94 stays in the city), while 4 of the suburban population moves to the city (and 96 remains in the suburbs).

In the year 2000, 64 of the population of the region lived in the city and 36 lived in the suburbs. What is the distribution of the population in 2002? For simplicity, ignore other influences on the population such as births, deaths, and migration into and out of the city/suburban region.
  A) 60.5 in the city and 39.5 in the suburbs B) 59.4 in the city and 40.6 in the suburbs
  C) 61.6 in the city and 38.4 in the suburbs D) 58.3 in the city and 41.7 in the suburbs

Question 2

Which of the following statements are true?
  I: A polytope is the affine hull of a finite set of points.
  II: An extreme point of a polytope P is any point in the convex hull of 2 vertices.

A) II B) I C) Neither I or II D) Both I and II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

asdfghjkl;

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Awilson837

Reply 2 on: Jun 18, 2018
:D TYSM

samiel-sayed

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library