This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Suppose that demographic studies show that each year about 6 of a city's population moves to the ... (Read 545 times)

Awilson837

Suppose that demographic studies show that each year about 6 of a city's population moves to the suburbs (and 94 stays in the city), while 4 of the suburban population moves to the city (and 96 remains in the suburbs).

In the year 2000, 64 of the population of the region lived in the city and 36 lived in the suburbs. What is the distribution of the population in 2002? For simplicity, ignore other influences on the population such as births, deaths, and migration into and out of the city/suburban region.
  A) 60.5 in the city and 39.5 in the suburbs B) 59.4 in the city and 40.6 in the suburbs
  C) 61.6 in the city and 38.4 in the suburbs D) 58.3 in the city and 41.7 in the suburbs

Question 2

Which of the following statements are true?
  I: A polytope is the affine hull of a finite set of points.
  II: An extreme point of a polytope P is any point in the convex hull of 2 vertices.

A) II B) I C) Neither I or II D) Both I and II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

asdfghjkl;

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Awilson837

Reply 2 on: Jun 18, 2018
Excellent

ASDFGJLO

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library