Author Question: Which of the following sentences is a misplaced modifier? A) On the morning news, I heard that ... (Read 291 times)

rlane42

Which of the following sentences is a misplaced modifier?

A) On the morning news, I heard that there was another terrorist attack in Afghanistan.
  B) I heard that there was another terrorist attack in Afghanistan on the morning news.
  C) I heard on the morning news that there was another terrorist attack.

Question 2

How does the STRAP strategy help you analyze a writing assignment?

A) It helps you analyze the assignment so that you can prewrite.
  B) It helps you find details for the assignment.
  C) It helps you edit for a purpose for writing.
  D) All of these.

hanadaa

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library