Author Question: Whats the difference between a chapter outline and a chapter summary? (Read 1015 times)

TI

My history homework is having me do to chapter summaries and two chapter outlines. But whats the difference between the two besides the format?
Im not sure how exactly to write my summaries.

j_sun

A chapter summary is what the chapter was about in your own words, like how you perceived it. A chapter outline is what information was in the chapter.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

hummingbird

An outline is a list of points in the chapter.  They are listed in a a structure order with main and subordinate points.  

A summary is a re-telling of the content of the chapter in a shorter form.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library