This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A large political role for the military in the post independence period was ensured by the A) ... (Read 205 times)

Engineer

A large political role for the military in the post independence period was ensured by the

A) need to prevent or crush slave and indigenous revolts.
  B) danger of renewed Spanish efforts to reconquer its former colonies.
  C) militarization of the new states as a result of years of destructive warfare.
  D) legacy of military values inherited from Spain.

Question 2

The colonial elite that emerged from the wars of independence with the greatest power was

A) the merchant class.
  B) the mine owners.
  C) the church hierarchy.
  D) the wealthy landowners.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dawsa925

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

D

Engineer

Reply 2 on: Jul 4, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

aliotak

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library