This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Describe scientific observation as it pertains to scientific inquiry. Be sure to include the five ... (Read 160 times)

jon_i

Describe scientific observation as it pertains to scientific inquiry. Be sure to include the five procedures listed in the text.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Explain why the use of grade retention is an example of how unsystematic observations may lead to false conclusions.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Anton

Answer to Question 1

The following procedures lead to the acquisition of more trustworthy information:

a.The use of a representative sample helps cancel out idiosyncrasies.

b. An attempt is made to control as many extraneous factors as possible in order to eliminate plausible rival hypotheses.

c. Researchers make special efforts to be objective and to guard against predetermined ideas or selective evidence.

d. Complete reports of experiments are published as a means of disseminating obtained results.

e. Other researchers may then replicate the experiments and compare their results with the published results.

Answer to Question 2

Beliefs about grade retention are often based on generalizations from a few personal experiences and are unsubstantiated in the literature.

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Bigfoot1984

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library