Author Question: A psychiatric nurse observes a new mother participating in a group therapy session. The new ... (Read 46 times)

karateprodigy

A psychiatric nurse observes a new mother participating in a group therapy session.

The new mother says, I hate being a mother I wish that my baby would just disappear A 34-year-old mother of three states, You need to stop talking like that How would you feel if your mom said that about you? What role is the 34-year-old group member playing?
  A) Aggressor
  B) Initiator
  C) Gatekeeper
  D) Blocker

Question 2

A nurse assesses a patient who reports that she is unable to have intercourse because of involuntary contractions at the vaginal opening. The nurse can correctly assess this as:

a. vaginismus.
  b. dyspareunia.
  c. arousal disorder.
  d. orgasmic dysfunction.

kingfahad97

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A
Vaginismus is defined as recurrent or persistent involuntary spasm of the musculature of the outer third of the vagina that interferes with coitus.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library