This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Older clients with renal failure will develop anemia if untreated because of A) loss of appetite ... (Read 42 times)

Beheh

Older clients with renal failure will develop anemia if untreated because of

A) loss of appetite related to elevated blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and creatinine levels.
  B) the result of renal dialysis.
  C) loss of blood through the urine because the failing kidney does not function properly.
  D) loss of the kidney hormone erythropoietin.

Question 2

The nurse instructs an older patient with Parkinson's disease about carbidopa-levodopa (Sinemet). Which patient statement indicates that teaching has been effective?

1. I will take the medication with my meals.
  2. I will sit up on the side of the bed before standing.
  3. This medication will cure my Parkinson's disease in time.
  4. This medication will not affect my blood pressure medications.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ashely1112

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: To maximize absorption and facilitate crossing the bloodbrain barrier, carbidopa-levodopa should be taken on an empty stomach.

Beheh

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

duy1981999

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library