This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What do we mean by a runaway greenhouse effect? A) a greenhouse effect that starts on a planet ... (Read 53 times)

panfilo

What do we mean by a runaway greenhouse effect?

A) a greenhouse effect that starts on a planet but later disappears as gases are lost to space
  B) a greenhouse effect that heats a planet so much that its surface rock melts
  C) a process that heats a planet like a greenhouse effect, but that involves a completely different mechanism of heating that doesn't actually involve greenhouse gases
  D) a greenhouse effect that keeps getting stronger until all of a planet's greenhouse gases are in its atmosphere

Question 2

Neutron stars and black holes are formed by

A) the star formation process.
  B) mass transfer in binary star systems.
  C) novae.
  D) type I supernovae.
  E) type II supernovae.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jasonq

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

E

panfilo

Reply 2 on: Jul 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

amit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library