This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: You are making assignments for your staff. Today you have one RN, one LPN/LVN, and two NAPs working ... (Read 54 times)

lilldybug07

You are making assignments for your staff. Today you have one RN, one LPN/LVN, and two NAPs working with you. Which patient should be assigned to the LPN/LVN?

a. Applying soft restraints to a patient at risk for falls
  b. Providing tracheostomy care for a client who has had a trach for several months
  c. Completing the admission assessment for a patient admitted with pneumonia
  d. Measuring vital signs and I&Os for all patients

Question 2

A new graduate nurse asks the unit manager, What type of tasks can I assign to the NAP? The most appropriate response by the unit manager would include which of the following?

a. Assignments that you don't have the time to complete
  b. Patients who are stable and only require routine care
  c. Assignments that require patient teaching
  d. Any patient whose care will require you to spend too much time at the bedside

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Heffejeff

Answer to Question 1

B
You should assign the tracheostomy care to the LPN/LVN. The NPAs can apply the restraints and
measure vital signs and I&Os. The RN should complete the admission assessment. While the RN and
LPN/LVN are capable of measuring vital signs and I&Os, you would assign these tasks to the NAPs
since there are two of them.

Answer to Question 2

B
The most appropriate response would be to assign the NAP to patients who are stable and only require
routine care.

lilldybug07

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Gracias!

EAN94

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library