This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A melismatic setting is __________. a) music chanted on nonsense syllables b) text set to one ... (Read 8746 times)

meagbuch

A melismatic setting is __________.

a) music chanted on nonsense syllables
  b) text set to one note per syllable
  c) music sung on the syllable la
  d) text set to more than one note per syllable

Question 2

Gregorian Chant is named after Pope Gregory I, who __________.

a) organized a group of composers to write a new set of plainchant melodies
  b) had his name put on the first printed edition of the Gregorian Chant hymnal
  c) was said to have written the bulk of the standard chants, according to later legend
  d) wrote the harmonies and instrumental parts for all of the chants

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cuttiesgirl16

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

c

meagbuch

Reply 2 on: Jul 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

dyrone

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library