This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement made by the mother of an adolescent being discharged after spinal fusion for severe ... (Read 67 times)

j.rubin

Which statement made by the mother of an adolescent being discharged after spinal fusion for severe scoliosis indicates the need for further teaching?

a. I am glad we chose surgery. Now it is all over and done..
  b. I'll see you in a month; we'll be back fairly regularly..
  c. I have to pick up some more T-shirts on the way home..
  d. Those exercises the physical therapist showed us were not too hard..

Question 2

A nurse has completed a teaching session with parents of preschool aged children. Which statement made by the parent identifies an appropriate level of language development for a 4-year-old child?

a. The child has a vocabulary of 300 words and uses simple sentences.
  b. The child uses correct grammar in sentences.
  c. The child is able to pronounce consonants clearly.
  d. The child uses language to express abstract thought.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jasonq

Answer to Question 1

A
Spinal fusion requires long-term follow-up to assess the stability of the spinal correction. It is not over and done at this point. Showing knowledge of follow-ups, clothing, and exercises indicates the mother's understanding and does not require further teaching.

Answer to Question 2

B
The 4-year-old child is able to use correct grammar in sentence structure and typically has difficulty in pronouncing consonants. Simple sentences and a 300-word vocabulary are appropriate for a 2-year-old child. The use of language to express abstract thought is developmentally appropriate for the adolescent.

j.rubin

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

sailorcrescent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library