Author Question: Why was the timing of Nixon?s foreign policy achievements particularly important? (Read 2253 times)

hummingbird

I need a little help with my history homework. I'm stuck on this one question.....Can any body help?  

The full question: Why was the timing of Nixon?s foreign policy achievements particularly important? Relate his achievements to other events.

j_sun

It was during the Cold War and he was trying to reach an end to the Vietnam War.

Nixon's foreign policy was to improve relations with the Soviet Union and China. He was attempting to ease Cold War tensions and he tried to use the improved relations with China and the Soviet Union to pressure North Vietnam into a settlement of the Vietnam War.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library