Author Question: How many hours of homework can I expect per night? (Read 1150 times)

Hawke

I'm in college and this semester I'm taking

Intro to Psychology
Intermediate Algebra
Composition 2
History of the Modern World
BTW i'm going to a mediocre state university!

coco

12 credits? is that all? with that light schedule I would guess maybe 20-25 hours a week outside of class should be MORE that enough......

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

geoffrey

Algebra will probably have homework assignments and in comp 2 you'll have to write papers.  The other two courses won't have much homework you'll have to decide how much you need to study though.  People say you should plan for about 2 hours for every hour you're in class.  If you're taking 12 hours then expect to spend 24 hours a week studying.

Jones

Back in the olden days, we were told to expect to do 3 hours homework for every hour of credit.  However, some classes require more out of classroom reading and others require extensive projects and term papers.  

There are no mediocre state colleges.  You pick the classes you want for your major and do excellent work and you will get a good education.  And, keep up with the news, history, geography, science, medicine, and technology and you will be well informed.

I attended 3 universities as part of my undergraduate work (moved with hb every year) and found no difference between classes taught at satellite schools and the universities.  

I was able to get all A's (but one) in my graduate work at a private university.  

If you have a choice of instructors, pick the best who require the most work.  Throw yourself into your work.  Whenever you miss a question whether asked in class or on a test, study to see why the correct answer was correct and why the wrong answer was wrong (you were confused).  Learn the vocabulary of the subject.  Look to see how what you learn impacts the real world.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library