Author Question: I'm suppose to interview an elderly person for my psychology homework,but i have no one!? (Read 1427 times)

Garrulous

Hey,

Well,my psychology homework is due Tuesday.And i yet to find no one,I'm unable to do so in person..so i decided online wouldn't much of a bad idea.But,where to find someone of the age 65+ perhaps,I'd just get someone near the age of 60+ as an exception. It has several question regarding their life.

Is there anyone out there (or anyone that knows anyone else) who is  willing to give there time to answer various questions about themselves?

I don't have a grandmother,no elderly person and i'm unable to go to any shelter point is my only choice so far is online,I'd love to interview someone who has experience historical events.

... I'm dommed.

Hawke

Relax, you are not doomed.  Look for the nearest old age home near you.  There are always at least one or two within a mile of where you live.  I am sure you will get more than one volunteer to help with your interview.  They have lobbies where a bunch of them usually hang out and just talk.  Tell them you are doing a class project and they will be more than happy to help.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Jesse_J

My mother lives with us and at 73, I think she'll qualify for your interview.  If you'll list your questions, I'll be happy to ask her for you and let you know the answers. I'm sure she'd love to do this.

aero

Have you tried asking in the Senior section of Y!A?
Click on Society and Culture, Culture and Groups and finally Senior Citizen.

aero

i also am grandparent-less.  you can find the best substitute grandparents by volunteering at local nursing/retirement homes.  pretty much all you have to do is sit and listen.
even if you don't have time before your paper is due, it's still really neat to get involved. older people are so valuable.  it's shameful that so many are ignored and shuffled out of view as soon as they get a little advanced in age.

curlz

Try a "silver" chat room.  Also, you might be able to recruit somebody form your local church or nursing home.

geoffrey

I'm almost 60 do I qualify?  (I'll be 60 in June and I'm a grandmother).

aero

First remove the word dommed from your way of thinking > you may e-mail me >  if you choose > if one is able to help > one shall do the best to help you with your home work > I am 60 +.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library