Author Question: The maximum height for a projectile is 5m. What is the y component of the initial velocity for this projectile? (Read 1057 times)

curlz

I am currently in an online college Physical Science class. This question is one of the ones on my current homework assignment, and I have not been able to find it anywhere in the book or online. Please help!

The maximum height for a projectile is 5m. What is the y component of the initial velocity for this projectile?

A.) 98 m/s
B.) 14 m/s
C.) 10 m/s
D.) 200 m/s

Thanks!

federox

Vy = vertical component of the initial velocity

Vy² = 2gh
Vy² = 2*9.8*5 = 98

Vy = squareroot of 98 = 9.9 m/s
answer C : 10m/s
+++++++++++++++++++

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library