This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with a long history of using chewing tobacco says, I've been chewing for years. I'm not ... (Read 109 times)

Themember4

A patient with a long history of using chewing tobacco says, I've been chewing for years. I'm not going to get cancer. How should the nurse respond?

1. The use of smokeless tobacco has been linked to oral cancer.
  2. You are probably one of the lucky ones.
  3. I guess you're right.
  4. It's not my body.

Question 2

A patient with gastrointestinal dysfunction says, I was having chest pain so bad last week I thought I was having a heart attack What should the nurse suspect the patient was experiencing?

1. hiatal hernia
  2. diverticulitis
  3. constipation
  4. bowel obstruction

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jsm54321

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Using chewing tobacco is a primary risk factor for oral cancer. The other responses are not therapeutic.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Manifestations of hiatal hernia include substernal chest pain. Diverticulitis, constipation, and bowel obstruction are not associated with substernal chest pain.

Themember4

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library