Author Question: Ms. Sawyer, a fifth-grade art teacher, notices that Lamar, one of her more mischievous students, is ... (Read 136 times)

panfilo

Ms. Sawyer, a fifth-grade art teacher, notices that Lamar, one of her more mischievous students, is using a compass to drill into his drawing table. She responds to this behavior by saying, I get so upset when people are not respectful of my property. Let's try to be more caring.. This is an example of the use of

a. an I-message.
  b. the no-lose method.
  c. a direct appeal.
  d. defining limits.

Question 2

Sometimes it will be necessary to criticize students. If you follow suggestions offered in the text, you will

a. do it promptly, even if you must interrupt a lesson.
  b. do it privately, then say something encouraging.
  c. explain why the behavior is unacceptable and ask for an apology.
  d. first permit the student to explain, then give your criticism.

ynlevi

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

b

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library