Author Question: I need to find an angle, x, but the formula has sin x times cos x, what do I do? (Read 1602 times)

formula1

I have the formula Q = pgH cos x sin x
and I need to find the angle x. How do I rearrange the formula and how do I put it into my calculator??

clippers!

Q/(pgH) = cosxsinx
2Q/(pgH) = 2cosxsinx
2Q/(pgH) = sin(2x)
2x = arcsin[2Q/(pgH)]
x = .5arcsin[2Q/(pgH)]

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

geoffrey

Q = pgH * cos(x) * sin(x)
Q / pgH = cos(x) * sin(x)
cos(x) * sin(x) = Q / pgH

sin(2x) = 2sin(x)cos(x)
sin(2x) / 2 = 2sin(x)cos(x) / 2
sin(2x) / 2 = sin(x)cos(x)

cos(x) * sin(x) = Q / pgH
sin(2x) / 2 = Q / pgH
sin(2x) = 2Q / pgH

2x = sin^-1(2Q / pgH)
x = sin^-1(2Q / pgH) / 2

sin^-1(2Q / pgH) means sin inverse of 2Q / pgH

aero

Write Q = pgH cos x sin x,  as  2Q/pgH  = 2cos x sin x

=> 2Q/pgH  = sin 2x

=> 2x = sin^-1 (2Q/pgH)

=> x = (1/2) sin^-1 (2Q/pgH)

Now you can find x by putting it in your calculator.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library