This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: I work really hard on my math, Mike, a middle school student, comments. I know that math courses in ... (Read 204 times)

Kikoku

I work really hard on my math, Mike, a middle school student, comments. I know that math courses in high school are tough, so the better I understand it now, the better I'll understand it when I get to the tough classes. Using learners' beliefs as a basis, which of the following best explains why Mike is motivated to study math?

a. Doing well in math will be reinforcing for him, since reinforcers increase behavior.
  b. Doing well in math will help him develop his sense of self-worth need, since it will suggest he has high ability in math.
  c. Doing well in math has high utility value for him, since he sees it as useful for meeting future goals.
  d. Doing well in math will help him meet his need for self-determination, because it will give him a feeling of autonomy.

Question 2

The concept of utility value is most closely related to which of the following theories?

a. Expectancy x value theory
  b. Goal theory
  c. Attribution theory
  d. Self-determination theory

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mirabriestensky

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

a

Kikoku

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

amandalm

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library