Author Question: In speech, we use pauses for the same purposes that commas, semicolons, or colons are used in ... (Read 59 times)

09madisonrousseau09

In speech, we use pauses for the same purposes that commas, semicolons, or colons are used in writing.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 2

Which of the following is in parallel form?

a. The dog that came to my door was thin and trembling, but he was unfriendly.
  b. The dog that came to my door was scared, and he was thin and trembling.
  c. The dog that came to my door was thin, trembling, and afraid.

LVPMS

Answer to Question 1

TRUE

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library