Author Question: In speech, we use pauses for the same purposes that commas, semicolons, or colons are used in ... (Read 63 times)

09madisonrousseau09

In speech, we use pauses for the same purposes that commas, semicolons, or colons are used in writing.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 2

Which of the following is in parallel form?

a. The dog that came to my door was thin and trembling, but he was unfriendly.
  b. The dog that came to my door was scared, and he was thin and trembling.
  c. The dog that came to my door was thin, trembling, and afraid.

LVPMS

Answer to Question 1

TRUE

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library