This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 4.0-kg mass, initially at rest on a horizontal frictionless surface, is struck by a 2.0-kg mass ... (Read 62 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A 4.0-kg mass, initially at rest on a horizontal frictionless surface, is struck by a 2.0-kg mass moving along the x axis with a speed of 8.0 m/s. After the collision, the 2.0-kg mass has a speed of 4.0 m/s at an angle of 37 from the positive x axis. What is the speed of the 4.0-kg mass after the collision?
 a. 2.0 m/s
  b. 2.7 m/s
  c. 4.9 m/s
  d. 2.4 m/s
  e. 3.6 m/s

Question 2

A 4.2-kg object, initially at rest, explodes into three objects of equal mass. Two of these are determined to have velocities of equal magnitudes (5.0 m/s) with directions that differ by 90. How much kinetic energy was released in the explosion?
 a. 70 J
  b. 53 J
  c. 60 J
  d. 64 J
  e. 35 J

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Perkypinki

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 28, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

diana chang

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library