This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Some food labels say use by, while others say sell by. What do these terms mean? ... (Read 43 times)

stock

Some food labels say use by, while others say sell by. What do these terms mean?

Question 2

I just used the formula in this book and calculated my EER to be 2,900 kcal/day. If I ate that much, I am positive that I would gain weight. Does this mean that there is something wrong with my metabolism?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vseab

Answer to Question 1

Sell by dates indicate the last day the product can be sold. This helps the store know when it should remove products from its shelves. The sell by date is based on the quality of the food, not its safety. The use by date is the last date a consumer is recommended to use a product. This date is recommended for best flavor or quality. Expiration dates indicate the last date a food should be eaten or used for food safety reasons. Foods that are used after the expiration date could contain bacteria or pathogens and may cause illness.

Answer to Question 2

No. Keep in mind that the EER represent the Estimated Energy Requirements for individuals of similar sex, weight, height and activity patterns. Your individual energy requirement may be somewhat more or less depending on other factors such as body composition and genetic factors.

stock

Reply 2 on: Aug 21, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

mammy1697

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library