Author Question: Quadratics stretching and vertex form help? (Read 1531 times)

federox

Hi, so the questions tells me to...
Evaluate the following function at 3,-3,0, and z
D(r)= -(r-2)^2+8
I got the correct answers for the first three numbers but got "z" incorrect. Can someone please show me how to get the correct answer?

This is what I did...
D(z)= -(z-2)^2+8
= -z^2+4+8
= -z^2+12

curlz

-(r-2)^2+8=
-[r^2-4r+4]+8=
-r^2+4r+4

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library