This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Who were the 1932 bonus marchers? A) World War I veterans who marched on Washington to lobby for ... (Read 22 times)

pane00

Who were the 1932 bonus marchers?

A) World War I veterans who marched on Washington to lobby for immediate cash payments of veterans' bonuses they were promised.
  B) Farmers who threatened to dump milk and other agricultural products if they did not receive a government bonus for not producing farm surpluses.
  C) Trade unionists who marched on Washington when industrialists refused to pay the bonuses stipulated in union contracts.
  D) Federal government workers who objected to losing their Christmas bonus because of the depression.
  E) Young people who marched in the Civilian Conservation Corps.

Question 2

Huey Long proposed

A) a 100 tax on all incomes over 1 million and appropriation of all fortunes over 5 million.
  B) cutting taxes and federal spending to stimulate the economy.
  C) nationalizing banks and industry.
  D) a national sales tax that would raise revenue to pay down the deficit.
  E) stimulating the economy by having the government an interstate highway system.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

annierak

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

pane00

Reply 2 on: Jul 4, 2018
:D TYSM

peter

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library