Author Question: How do I make the decay constant the subject in the formula T=ln(2)/decay constant? (Read 577 times)

T = half life. Lol stuck on a physics question. I rearranged it to Decay constant = ln(2)/T ... but I have a feeling I have rearranged it wrong.

geoffrey

You have rearranged it correctly.

T = In(2) / D

Move the / D across the equals sign and it becomes T x D = In(2).

Then move the T over the equals sign to give:

D = In(2) / T.

Decay = In(2) / T

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library