Author Question: Who introduces area and polygons? (Read 754 times)

ricki

Hello, everyone. I've looked at the books in my school library and I can't find who is the founder of geometry and polygons. Could anyone please tell me because I need an accurate answer for my school advanced mathematics project. Please let me know early because I need to find informations myself and present the project soon. Thank you.
Thank you for all of your replies. Anyway, I need clarrification: is the mathemetics area theory, length x width for squares and rectangles is actually introduced by Euclid?
Koki, I don't think Archimedes introduced area because he discovered volume!

Melanie

Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2013
square and triangle areas introduces by archemides beside circle
all other shapes areas and volumes came as a resul fo calclus which invented by sir issac newton
in 800-1500 muslims contributed a lotin circular geometry and arc lengths so they build mosqe with alot of arcs and domes in it
what i wrote abouve is to my kowlege and ont enough for ur project so this site may help
http://www.free-ed.net/free-ed/Math/default.asp