Author Question: Rearrange each formula to solve for the indicated variable. (Read 4175 times)

Hungry!

a) y = ab – q

solve for b

b) i = p(u + xc)

solve for c

:o

clippers!

a) y = ab – q

solve for b

(y - q) / a = b

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

clippers!

b) i = p(u + xc)

solve for c

((i / p) - u)/x = c

Engineer

add q on both side we get
y+q=ab
now divide a on both side
(y+q)/a = b
so answer is
(y+q)/a = b

Engineer

same as second one answer is

(i-pu)/px = c

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library