Author Question: How does calcium carbonate decrease harmful emissions from coal fired power stations? (Read 1059 times)

Hawke

It's my science homework, due tomorrow, i know i left it late, but i got no idea?! help please?!

-thanks xo

hummingbird

it removes sulfur dioxide, cause of acid rain.

As stringent environmental regulations regarding SO2 emissions have been enacted in many countries, SO2 is now being removed from flue gases by a variety of methods. The below is among the common method used:
Wet scrubbing using a slurry of alkaline sorbent, usually limestone or lime, or seawater to scrub gases

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library