Author Question: The maximum height for a projectile is 5m. What is the y component of the initial velocity for this projectile? (Read 1053 times)

curlz

I am currently in an online college Physical Science class. This question is one of the ones on my current homework assignment, and I have not been able to find it anywhere in the book or online. Please help!

The maximum height for a projectile is 5m. What is the y component of the initial velocity for this projectile?

A.) 98 m/s
B.) 14 m/s
C.) 10 m/s
D.) 200 m/s

Thanks!

federox

Vy = vertical component of the initial velocity

Vy² = 2gh
Vy² = 2*9.8*5 = 98

Vy = squareroot of 98 = 9.9 m/s
answer C : 10m/s
+++++++++++++++++++

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library