Author Question: How do I rearrange the y=mx+b equation to find the unknown value of X on my graph? (Read 2420 times)

luvbio

I am using the formula y=mx+b on a graph, I am trying to find the values of 3 unknown concentrations of DNA on the X axis, how do I rearrange this equation so I can find these hidden values? My straight line equation is y=0.0006x + 0.0247 any help would be great! Thanks.

Yolanda

y = mx + b
y - b = mx
x = (y - b) / m
y = 0.0006x + 0.0247
y - 0.0247 = 0.0006x
x = (y - 0.0247) / 0.0006

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

federox

(y-b)/m=x

so

(y-0.0247)/0.0006=x

sadsdas

subtract b
then divide by m

y=mx+b
y - b =mx
(y-b)/m = x

geoffrey

x =    -41.1667 + 1666.67 y

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library