This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The newly hired nurse manager is involved in the first budgetary cycle since being hired. The ... (Read 166 times)

Jipu 123

The newly hired nurse manager is involved in the first budgetary cycle since being hired. The manager lists some capital equipment needs and is surprised when they are not available for staff use two months after the request.

What is the reason for this? 1. The equipment was not approved by the manger's supervisor.
  2. The budgetary cycle takes up to 1 year to occur.
  3. The hospital has experienced a downturn in revenue and it not fulfilling promises.
  4. The nurse manager failed to complete the correct request.

Question 2

Which manager statement reflects concern about the most important requirement for today's nurse manager?

1. I am taking a day off tomorrow for my annual physical.
  2. I think this class will help me learn to be innovative.
  3. I am committed to being a good manager.
  4. I feel enthusiastic about our new plans for the units.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

whitcassie

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: There is no indication that the request was not approved, just that it has not yet been filled.
Rationale 2: The budgetary cycle of a large organization typically takes about 1 year to be completed. If the new manager sent in a request for the next budget, it may be 1218 months before the equipment arrives.
Rationale 3: There is no indication that the hospital is not fulfilling budgetary promises, just that the request has not yet been filled.
Rationale 4: There is no indication that the manager made an error, just that the request has not yet been filled.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The most important work of the manager is to stay physically and mentally healthy.
Rationale 2: Innovation is important, but not as important as another factor.
Rationale 3: Commitment is important, but is not as important as another factor.
Rationale 4: Enthusiasm is important, but is not as important as another factor.
Global Rationale:

Jipu 123

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Excellent

AngeliqueG

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library